February 24, 2022
Update on COVID Safe Policies at Float Lab
At Float Lab the health and safety of our guests and our staff has always been our very top priority. There are many policies and procedures that we have had in place since begore COVID that are more important now that ever. We have reviewed all our procedures and have written this update to clarify our processes with you.
Our centers fall under the “Aquatic Centre” classification by the Health Dept.
Float tanks are by their nature very low risk environments when it comes to the spread of COVID or other viruses. The CDC in the USA has stated that there is no evidence that COVID -19 can be spread through recreational water. Your experience with us is one of peaceful solitude and isolation, and your contact with other guests is as a result already minimal.
Our staff are educated in COVID safe practices and of course will not be attending work if ill. We ask you to not attend for your appointment if you are at all unwell, and will be waiving the 24 cancellation policy at this time.
- Guests to any of our centres are required to check in on arrival
- Please wear a mask in the foyer and when moving through the building with the staff. Our staff will all be wearing masks at all times. You may remove your mask once you are alone in your private Float room or Sauna.
- There is a limit of 4 people in the foyer at all times, and 2 in the vanity room, to comply with social distancing.
- Our staff regularly clean and sanitise all surfaces in the foyer area and throughout the centre.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use.
Our Float Rooms:
- In addition to our usual practices, rooms are cleaned with disinfectant after each use.
- The Float tank water will be filtered after each use, as per our usual practice. The Epsom salt solution is filtered 4 times between floats via a network of filters and also sanitised via a UV light process, providing a sterile solution that is maintained according to WA Health Department regulations. We are spot checked by the WA Health Department and test the water regularly throughout the day, keeping records of these tests.
- The Epsom salts themselves act as a natural sterilising agent.
Our Sauna rooms:
- As per our usual practices, after each session the infrared sauna pods are disinfected including all touch points. We provide a disposable envirotowel and hand towel for each guest and ask that they bring their own sweat towel and water bottle to their sessions.
If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to call your local center and speak with one of our friendly staff.